Be sure and check out my shop for a sweet summer sale!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Grab a cucumber!

I am so sure you are all waiting for me to stop talking about my vacation.  Well, I'm going to do it again.  But I promise, I am nearing the end!  I've been doing some sewing, so I will have some things to show this week.  The forecast is a rainy one this week, so I am sure I will be able to sew some more!

I'll get on with it now!  When I had my heavenly spa day, I was reintroduced to a refreshing drink! 
Cucumber water!
I've actually made this with fruit and heard of it with the cucumber, but never actually had it before!

Just slice up a cucumber, I like the seedless English type, put it in a pitcher with water and chill.  If you have some mint, toss some in, even better!

Mmmm, we are hooked.  It's a great way to get your 8 glasses in a day and it tastes good too!

I've made it with strawberries before and the spa also had it with pineapple!  Take your pick and be refreshed!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds really good! Can't wait for our cukes to be ready to harvest!

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

Thanks for the reminder... they have cucumber water at my favorite spa too!

Heidi of Operation Organization said...

great idea - I wrote about the benefits of h20 drinking today too! :)

Tales from the Trails said...

Yum! I've heard about cucumber water but have never had it. I might need to try it.

Holly Lefevre said...

I am not a big cucumber fan, but there is something about cucumber water...maybe it is because it reminds me of the spa. Glad you had a good spa day!

Unknown said...

Howdy, found you through Lanie J. I have never had Cucumber water, but I may be trying it soon!

Visit me! Simple Sweet Inspiration http://collinscircus.blogspot.com/

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

I had this at a spa too, but I forgot about it. Love it!

Donna said...

This sounds wonderful! I have done it before but had forgotten all about it. We served it at the bridal shower I did for my daughter-in-law.

I'm so sorry I haven't posted about he gorgeous and darling apron you made for me. How I love it! But I've had grandkids all week and was gone with the older kids all weekend. My daughter tried one photo right before we left for Dallas, but I didn't have my makeup on and well...I just didn't have the courage to post myself without makeup. :o) Hopefully in the morning! I can't wait to brag on your beautiful work!

Hubby loves it...and I do mean LOVES it!

Love,
Donna @ Comin' Home
www.thehomemakingarts.blogspot.com

Donna said...

PS. Your photos are so so beautiful!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Looks amazing.

MrsBlogAlot said...

I'm so glad you had a great vacation.

You keep talking about it girl.

I had cucumber water once and loved it. I don't know why I didn't try it again at home.

Thanks for the reminder (-:

Simply Mel said...

Never tried it..oooh, it sounds so refreshing! A great summer drink!

The Mommyologist said...

LOVE cucumber water! And lemon water too. Always reminds me of the spa!

Christina Lee said...

I am SO doing this!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That sounds most refreshing!

Melissa B. said...

Yummy! And then, since you're at a spa, you can take the cukes out and put them on your eyes, correctamundo?

Fowl Single File said...

The cucumbers in my garden need to hurry up and mature! I can't wait to try this!