Be sure and check out my shop for a sweet summer sale!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A real sweet heart

Many of you have heard of Locks of Love.  An organization that makes hairpieces for children that who have lost their hair due to different medical conditions.  About 5 years ago, I donated my hair to Locks of Love.  It took me two years to grow it long enought to get the 10 inches needed for a donation!  I was inspired to do this because my oldest sister was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2003.  Today, she is a healthy SURVIVOR!

This brings me to my real sweetheart.  My older daughter decided a while back that she wanted to donate her hair when it got long enough.  She wanted to get it cut at the beginning of the summer, but it wasn't long enough yet.  Then a couple of weeks ago, I was going to get my hair done and she decided it was time.  We got out a ruler and started to measuring.  We were still short for Locks of Love.  I had heard about a program that Pantene was doing that made wigs for women with cancer.  So I checked it out.  It is called Beautiful Lengths and you only need 8 inches!  So my little girl with a really sweet heart decided to go for it!

Here she is!
Before

After


She looks completely adorable with this haircut and she makes me so proud!


10 comments:

Shell said...

What an amazing daughter you have!

And she looks adorable!

Heidi of Operation Organization said...

well, I'd have to agree she's got a pretty sweet heart! That cut looks just darling!

Tales from the Trails said...

What a sweet girl and looking so grown up with her new cut : )

Mrs Montoya said...

That's super sweet and she looks darling with her spiffy new cut. What a generous girl!!

Unknown said...

Just think of all the selflessness she'll offer the world, with her starting so young. She is one amazing little girl, I'm sure you're very proud of her :)

Annnddd that haircut is super cute! lol

Heather's Place said...

So proud to be her Auntie! Love that sweet haircut on her! Muah!

Melissa B. said...

Your chica is a wonderful kiddo. Both my girls have grown their hair long and then donated it...but I've never heard of one so young taking the plunge. Bravo!

Stacey said...

So sweet! Her new haircut is precious!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a doll. And she looks adorable! I looooooove donating to Locks of Love!

Lynette Jacobs said...

You really have a daughter with a heart of gold.