Be sure and check out my shop for a sweet summer sale!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chitty Chitty BANG BANG!!

When we make trips to the local library we end up coming home with no less than about 10 books.
We always check out movies too.  A couple of weeks ago, we checked out an oldie, but goodie.
Remember this?


photo Amazon.com

Well, we watched this the first night.  I fell asleep on the couch and was awakened to my younger daughter doing the "doll on a music box" number over and over!  She wanted to keep on watching it.  Then both the girls were up pretending to be the doll.

I returned it to the library on Saturday.  I wake up each day with songs from this movie in my head.  Toot sweets, Choo-chi face, Chitty chitty bang bang, doll on a box, Truly Scrumptious.  When will it end??

I know, you are laughing at me.  It's crazy though, how those songs can get stuck in your head!
The little one was upset that we returned it and sweet Daddy told her we'd buy the movie for her.
Oh my gracious, what have we gotten ourselves into??

Pray for me.

9 comments:

The Mommyologist said...

I haven't thought about that movie in years!!! I'm not even sure that I remember it!

Stacey said...

How fun! I was just thinking about this movie a few weeks ago. SInce your girls loved it so, I imagine my two would also. Looks like I may soon have some of those songs in my head.

Laura said...

My girls are all grown, but I remember those movies that were special to all of us.

I am also a Texas blogger-
and I am now a follower.
Come by if you have time.

Laura
White Spray Paint

Simply Mel said...

I remember that movie but my boys haven't watched it yet... sounds great for a movie night!

Erin said...

I still sing those songs from time to time and I haven't seen the movie in years! It sure is a goodie!

Tales from the Trails said...

Oh I love that movie or any musical for that matter. It is great entertainment.

Grace Adams said...

Ooh! Ahh! Chitty-chitty-bang-bang. Chitty-chitty-bang-bang, we love you!

I love the song where they're professing their love while trying to kill one another. What's that one called?

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hello Andrea!

Greetings from Malaysia again! Just want to say thank you for dropping by my blog on my SITS day. You can read the aftermath of my whole day SITting episode

at this link:
http://imafulltimemummy.blogspot.com/2010/05/afternath-of-whole-day-sitting.html

Thank you again and hope to see you back here sometime! :D

Warmest Regards,
Jenny aka I'm a full-time mummy
(http://imafulltimemummy.blogspot.com/)

Btw, thanks alot, now that song is stuck in my head! ;p

Charlene Juliani said...

Love that movie and now those songs will be stuck in my head all day too LOL!

Dropping by from SITS!