I am recuperating from last week's fundraiser madness! My house is in shambles, but I am such a junkie, that I have fabric and a pattern waiting for me on the table. Shameless, I know.
I just thought I'd share a few of the projects I worked on last week. I'll split it into a couple of posts!
So here is part one:
Meet Emma. She is my daughter's American Girl. She has was gracious enough to be my model!
This little sundress turned out so cute! (in my humble opinion!)
I measured how long to make it and then measured the largest part of Emma for the width of the fabric and added 3 inches.
Sew the fabric together to make a tube.
Hem the top and bottom.
Use elastic thread and shir about 6 rows at the top.
Cut 4 pieces of ribbon and sew in place for the straps.
Your "little" project is finished and your "little" model looks so cute!
This was the second dress I made for Emma.
This dress was made from scrap fabric. I bought the ruffled trim since I ran out of scraps big enough and the skirt was waaaay to short. I used some tissue and made a little pattern for the top by placing it on the doll and drawing where I wanted the dress to be. I kind of wung it from there. If anyone is interested in a tutorial, let me know, I will get one made up.
These two little dresses along with a small hairbow for each raised $30 for my daughter's school. I thought they were cute and I am sure I will be making more. Emma was sad to see them go.