Be sure and check out my shop for a sweet summer sale!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Counting my blessings

As I ponder what to post next, I have had a hard time getting the visions of the Haiti earthquake aftermath out of my head. Last night I stayed up past midnight watching CNN. It is all so heartbreaking.

I realize that sometimes I forget how truly blessed I am. I realize I am so spoiled! I have a wonderful husband, great kids, a comfortable place to live, food to eat, clothes to wear...I could go on and on. But first and foremost, we are together and we are healthy, we are well. The things that seem so miniscule that we take for granted on a daily basis, now seem so big and wonderful in comparison to those going through a living hell in Haiti.

My heart breaks for all those who are mourning family members and friends, all those who are hurt and unable to get treatment, all those who don't know where their friends and family are and those who know where they are buried and can't get them out.

I pray for all of them.

And as I go through the hustle and bustle of my day, rushing to birthday parties and wiping noses, I thank the Lord for my blessings.

Here are some of them. They are what keep me going and bring a smile to my face. I am hugging a little bit harder and kissing a little bit more.




I had to include the dog in my blessings! She's our "first born" and we need her as much as she needs us.
Today I hope you are blessed.
Have a good weekend!

p.s. If you would like to enter my giveaway, just scroll to the next post for details!

15 comments:

Freddae' said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. Your girls...all three of them...are adorable!!! Great photos and message.

Have a great weekend.

Pchanner said...

I know how you feel. Thanks for the heartfelt words. Going to go hug and kiss my little one now and give thanks.

Melissa B. said...

Thanks for sharing these Superior Snaps! Haiti has been on my mind a lot, too. In fact, I've got a Haiti post up today. SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did!

Word Vomit Extraordinaire

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

It's hard for me not to see my little dude's face when I see those munchkins in Haiti. It's heart breaking!

Theta Mom said...

In the midst of this tragedy, I think we all feel this way. Here I am going about my business when there are many suffering. Puts everyting in perspective, for sure.

Adorable pics and thanks so much for stopping by Theta Mom!

Unknown said...

Here's hoping that (in addition to monetary donations and volunteers), our cumulative positive thoughts, prayers, etc. bring some sort of peace to Haiti.

Stopping by from SITS, have a wonderful day!

Meg said...

Unfortunately, it takes a heartache like Haiti to remind us what we should be thinking of daily. Thank you for spelling it out so beautifully...

Shell said...

It takes a tragedy for us to see all we have sometimes. Great message.

Stopping in from SITS.

Mrs Montoya said...

Thanks so much for coming by my blog. I post often about how much we take for granted. It's so easy to do. All of your girls are absolutely precious. I am looking forward to following you!!

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I couldn't fall asleep last night... first, because I was captivated by coverage on MSNBC of the quake, and then because, even once I turned the TV off, I couldn't get those images out of my mind. I work in TV news, and I literally can't get away from all the Haiti headlines... but it does make me so thankful every night that, despite how stressful my job may be, I have a house to go home to.

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Unknown said...

I went to bed last night thanking God for all I have as well as the people of Haiti. They have lost so much.
Stopping from SITS!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a cute blog you have! And your kids are adorable!!!

I have been watching CNN since the earthquake happened. It is so heartbreaking! I am trying to put together a fundraiser on my blog to raise money for the people there. Hopefully I can get some sponsors. I figure anything I can do to help is something, right?

XOOX
Jen

Freddae' said...

Hey...wanted to let you know you won the V-Day Giveaway. Congratulations!!!

Freddae'
http://coffeegodandme.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit! The situation in Haiti is so sad, but I have seen so many people step up and do what they can to donate to help. Your children are absolutely breathtaking. They would bring a smile to anyone's face.

hhtp://poppingbubbles.net

Danielle said...

They are simply adorable. You are right, we take for granted too much in the world today. Just like you, I have many blessings that I need to be hugger a little tighter, a little longer. Enjoy your week.

xoxo
Danielle