Be sure and check out my shop for a sweet summer sale!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pizza pan chore board-DIY

My six year old has asked me several times to make her a "chore chart".  I've tried, with just some paper on the computer, but we never seem to keep up with them.  I have seen the CUTE calendars that people have made using cookie sheets and have wanted to try and make one.  Then today, as I thought of merging the two ideas!  This is what I came up with!

I started with a pizza pan that I used to use for something other than pizza.

Then, I covered it with some scrapbook paper and added some chipboard letters and flowers.


Notice, I had some of the pan showing on the top and bottom, so I added some ric rac around the outside.  Then, I just glued strips of paper with things she needs to do each day onto magnets.  I added the two little frames with "to do's" and "done" so that she could move the chore from to do to done herself!  She helped out a little bit and thought that was fun.  You could do this on a cookie sheet too and put more than one child on it!  I just used all stuff I already had around the house, so I didn't have to put out any more money!



Now, I'm gonna put that kid to work.

12 comments:

Danielle said...

oH My word. Hands down, this is the coolest thing everr. I can't wait for Lauryn to be old enough for chores. I will definitely be doing this.

Unknown said...

Its fantastically cute things like this that make me even more excited to have kids one day!

Until then, I may just make one for the hubs. :)

Thanks for sharing this great idea!

Unknown said...

That is such a clever idea!

I made a chore chart out of felt for my 4 year old that I posted about this past fall for the same reason (not wanting to print out a new chart every day/week) and it has worked great!

Love that you were able to create it with things you already had!

Unknown said...

oops, sorry I wasn't logged in...that comment was from heidi @ wonder woman wannabe!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I absolutely LOVE this darling idea! Fantastic.

Blessings,
LMM

Anonymous said...

Holy cow that is SOOO adorable!!!! Now, if i could only put a 2 year old to work JUST so I would NEED to make one of those! I'm bookmarking this for later! LOVE it!

~melody~

Lynette Jacobs said...

This is way prettier than the conventional charts.

Anonymous said...

Wow - what a cute idea!

Plus, she asked to do chores?! What a great kid!!!!!!

Angelica Bays, TygrLilies.blogspot.com said...

WOW! This is insanely cute! Good Job Mama!

Unknown said...

What cute chore chart. I love it. I am going to have make somthing out of my old pizza pan now. Thanks for sharing the great idea.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That chore chart is adorable!!! I love it. I have been trying find a new chore system for my kids. What a great idea!

Thanks for linking up!!!

XOOX
Jen

twojunkchix said...

This is such a cute idea! I love it. I'm wondering if I could put all 5 kids on one? Thanks for sharing!!
tia