Be sure and check out my shop for a sweet summer sale!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Apparently, I accomplished a lot today

It was hard to get out of bed today.  I went to bed last night all gung ho about how productive I was going to be this week.  Well, I got up and my husband decided to take the day off.  I had a dr's appointment and needed to get my grocery shopping done.  Well, my 3 year old woke up with bad cold symptoms and a low grade fever, so the day's plans were changed.


I cancelled my appointment, but not without a scolding from the lady at the dr's office for not giving 24 hours notice.  Then I made an appointment for the little one.  I was really in a funk, but said some prayers to try and let it all go and remember how blessed I am.


I head out by myself to the grocery store.  That is no small blessing in itself!  I am strolling along through the store and spot a couple in one of the aisles doing their shopping together.  The lady is in her pajamas!  Now, I have seen this before, but usually it's a 15 year old, not a lady in her 30's sporting a pair of high top tennis shoes with her jammies!!


So, I bring home the food, get it all put away and feed the kids some lunch.  I pack up my little girlie, after having gotten her dressed and washed up, and head off to the pedi's office.  As we are leaving, I see a man carrying a baby into the office, followed by his wife and another two kids.  Well, guess what?  He was wearing his pajamas!

Did I miss the memo?  Was it pajama day? 

So, then I am driving home and it's like 3:30 in the afternoon.  I see a man out checking his mail.  Yeah, you guessed it, he was in his pajamas.

You see, if I didn't do anything else today, I figure I accomplished a lot today.

I got dressed.

How do you feel about wearing pj's in public?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am envious, but not as brave.

Maybe loungewear is acceptable in public :-)

Or maybe it is National PJ day! Thee are some funny "days" out there.

Theta Mom said...

I just can't do it. Yoga pants or sweats...but not pj's!

Gay Vaughan said...

No way! Never! I just can't do it!

Spreading a little sunshine your way. Check out my blog.

http://itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com/2010/02/spreading-little-sunshine.html

Angelica Bays, TygrLilies.blogspot.com said...

Pbbbt! Seriously!
Don't you love watching all thos old movies where everybody is dressed to the nines ALL the time? LIke they wouldn't dream of going outside without a full suit, tie and HAT? Guess them days are gone forever, eh?
Good job on the whole wearing clothes thing. ;o)

Hope the baby feels better soon!

(Oh- btw, thanks for the bloggylove!)

Laura said...

If there can be a national Pie Day, I certainly think there should be a National PJ Day. Perhaps the days should coincide; Pajama and Pie day!?!? Maybe!??!

Dee said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Having a 3 year old myself I know all to well how plans can change in an instant! We have recently got over a lot of sickness and I hope it stays away for a Loooong time! wouldn't it be nice if we did have a PJ day holiday! I bet all the SAHMs would be out doing their to do lists on that day!

The Double Dipped Life said...

National PJ day would be awesome! I'd have to go shopping though...

Stopping by from SITS!

Beth said...

This sounds like my life a lot of the time!! :)
We have snow and school is out!! Ugg....need to go to the store and I keep putting it off.

Help. ;0

Love your blog.

Beth

Lynette Jacobs said...

Now that was funny...my one bloggy friend posted a blog about her dropping her little ones off at a neighbor (in her pj's) who takes them to school. She was invited in and ended up having tea and chatting away...all dressed in pj's.

Hope you are feeling better and that your little one is okay.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Now that was funny...my one bloggy friend posted a blog about her dropping her little ones off at a neighbor (in her pj's) who takes them to school. She was invited in and ended up having tea and chatting away...all dressed in pj's.

Hope you are feeling better and that your little one is okay.

The Mommyologist said...

I've been known to stay in my pjs till noon (I'm still wearing them now), but I can't bring myself to go out in them!!

Stacey said...

I have not gone out in my jammies. My neighbor often comes to the bus stop in hers. I just can't do it. I thought about it this morning, but inevitably put on my go-to warm up suit.
I have heard of this craze as the pjamafication of the country. Since so many people are doing it. I was in the grocery store line one day and saw a large man probably in his 50's standing in line wearing flannel Lucky Charm pajama bottoms.

glenna said...

I'll admit I've THOUGHT about running out while still dressed in PJs but never could do it.

Uh...I think I should get off this computer and go get dressed now..