Be sure and check out my shop for a sweet summer sale!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

T Shirt refashion

I just love all of the corsage t shirts!  I got a really pretty one from JCrew for Christmas.  I have been thinking of how I wanted to make one of my own for a while.  Then Jen at Tatertots and Jello refashioned a cardigan!  My lightbulb went off.  (or on)

I had some of this stretcy, ruffled ribbon that I wanted to do a project with, but never got to it.  And then I have all these tired, plain old tshirts, so I decided to give it a whirl.



All I did was pin the ribbon on and sew!  On my shirt, I did a zig zag stitch, but on the little one I did a straight stitch.  I think the straight was better. 



I was wearing mine yesterday, and as I put my little bit to bed, she said, "Mommy, I like your shirt!  Make one for me!  Now!" 
I hope she doesn't get that pushiness from me! 


This ribbon sells for $2.99 at Hobby Lobby.  Practically every week, they put all of their ribbon on sale for 1/2 off!  So I paid $1.50 for it and the tshirts were some we had on hand!  What a deal!

I am linking up with A Soft Place to Land for DIY day!

14 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW!! Precious and adorable!!
Blessings,
andrea

Gay Vaughan said...

Andrea, don't you just love it when the light bulbs go off...or on!! You're funny. I LOVE this and especially love when we make things great with just a little effort and little money. Super cute! I hope you guys are feeling well today.
~Gay~
itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

Heidi of Operation Organization said...

cutie-pah-tootie mama/daughter matchies!!

Shell said...

That is so, so cute!

I wish I was crafty.

Unknown said...

What a cute idea!

Just stopped by to thank you for visiting my blog on my SITS day. Hope you'll come by often!

Aidan Donnelley Rowley said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Looks like we both have a pair of sassy little girls. Lucky us! That might be where our similarities end though. I cannot sew! My creativity is very much limited to writing. Oh well!

Anonymous said...

Oh Man- One of these days I will learn how to sew. THose are adorable!!!

The Style Sisters said...

So cute! I may have to do this for my granddaughter. Hey stop by and check out my Easter napkin Ring promotion and see some fun ideas for your Easter table.

Karin

Tales from the Trails said...

Too cute. Love the pink.

The Ludwigs said...

So pretty! Mommy is not at all crafty - do you think this could be managed with fabric glue?

seven thirty three said...

This turned out super nice! :)

You should stop by this week - I am hosting Creativity Week - lots of crafty tutorials and giveaways!

Stopping by SITS.

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

Great job! A tshirt with a flower has been on my to do list forever.

Me said...

This is so cute (and easy enough I could do it!!)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I love that. What a cute project!!!

Thanks for linking it up to my party!!!

XOXO
Jen