Be sure and check out my shop for a sweet summer sale!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

J is for JACKPOT!

Today is Alpabe-Thursday over at Jenny Matlock's.  If you haven't visited her before, you MUST!  She is HI-larious!  I enjoy reading her posts, they consistently put a smile on my face.  Most days though, I am laughing out loud!

So today, the letter is "J". 

Yesterday, Big Mama, (that's what I call myself to my kids.  I'm not really big, but I think it makes me sound important.  ha ha!) is walking on into Target.  I've been hearing all of the hype about the Liberty of London line and had to see what the hullabaloo was all about.  I had no expectation of being able to find anything good since the line came out almost 2 weeks ago and everyone out in bloggy land said their stores were just about sold out of everything LoL.  First I checked out the women's dresses.  They had full size runs of just about all of the women's things, except swimsuits.  Well, we all know which swimsuit I'll be wearing this summer, God willing.  So I tried on a couple of dresses that I thought would be good for Easter Sunday.  That was not successful.  One made me look like a house, the other I just wasn't crazy about.

So, I moved along to the kid's section.  Each Easter I try to put something a little bit useful, but fun, in my girls' Easter baskets.  I've put Crocs in them before and last year they got new swimsuits.  There is usually PLENTY of candy in the little eggs that they hunt.  In November, I got myself a pair of zebra print rainboots.  I look forward to rainy days just so that I can wear them.  Each time I do, my big girl goes into whine mode.  "I wish I had some rain boots, wah wah wah" .  To which I reply, "Too bad kid, Big Mama never gets anything new.  Get over it."  Ok, maybe I'm not quite that short with her, but the kid does have more clothes than I do.  So back to Target.  I get an idea.  Maybe I should put some rain boots in the baskets this year.  Hmmm.  I go over to check them out and low and behold, I find these.
(insert singing choir of angels here)
Big Mama shoots...she scores!
They only come in big girl sizes, not toddler.  So I check out the toddler sizes and find these.
(singing angels, again)


My baby girl has a new affinity for Hello Kitty, so these were another big score.  She's been sleeping with this Hello Kitty that she got at Build a Bear on her birthday and that thing is just about as big as she is!!

So, I left Target thinking to myself, "Big Mama, you hit the JACKPOT!"

I could not believe that I found both in their sizes.  Amazing.  Now I will just have to make my way to the Dollar Tree for candy!  They have a great selection for...a dollar!  Jackpot, again!

17 comments:

Viki said...

Your a good mom. I'm sure they will love them.

myletterstoemily said...

i am running to target to get a pair
of those boots!

such a cute blog you have here.

laterg8r said...

such cute little boots :D

Erin said...

I tried to cram my feet into the biggest girl size of the LoL ones, but it just wasn't happening! Those are awesome for an Easter basket.

--Amie-- said...

I love those flower boots!!!!!! Too cute! Glad to have found another Texas girl!!! :)

Betty said...

Good for you Big Mama. I love the name you gave yourself. Hope you get lots of rain.

Melissa B. said...

Oh, I really love Wellies! Think I'll pick myself up a pair...

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

Awe! Those are so cute! I need a little girl. Do they have them in big people sizes? LOL! I can see me running about in those right now! {It IS raining, you know}

Tales from the Trails said...

We can both RoCk our Zebra print rainboots down Hwy 105!!! : )

When momma is happy everyone is happy. Great job!!

I still have not gone to Target to check this out. Do I dare try??!!

Unknown said...

You did hit the jackpot! I think the boots are so cute.

Thanks for stopping by.

Jenny said...

My daughter and I have been having a running e-mail commentary on where to find this line at which Target.

She is desperately seeking a mug set that seems to be impossible to find.

So when I opened your link tonight it just made me smile!

So, do you remember when you were a kid and you would go to a restaurant or the store and your teacher would be there and you would be all tongue-tied and shocked because who knew teachers actually DID STUFF LIKE THAT?

I hope this comment doesn't feel like that.

Because, yes, Mrs. Matlock likes to go to Target, too!

Thanks for participating in Alphabe-Thursday!

It was a Joy to see you here!

A+

Terri Steffes said...

I love the boots! I also love Target. I wonder if those boots come in big girl sizes (like my size!) Thanks for coming over to visit my blog!

Sarah said...

Oh, what great finds! I'd love to have a pair of these. They would be perfect for power washing the terrace or trudging through muddy fields at antique markets. You definitely hit the Jackpot! Yea!!!

Jo said...

okay, i am jealous ... those are sooo cute!

Nadeen said...

Jackpots happen in places other than Nevada. WayToGo, Mama. I love Jackpots like this!

Unknown said...

the boots are awesome...it was a score! thanks for visiting my J' post too!

Steph said...

I'm not aware of the Liberty of London phenomenon. (Though they had lovely things when I was a student in London in the 80's.) But the boots are way cute! Great find. Love your writing.