Be sure and check out my shop for a sweet summer sale!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rock your socks off chicken recipe!

I just had to share this great recipe I tried it for the first time last week.   It's so good and so easy, you should try it sometime!  I found it on a website called go dairy free.  It has lots of good recipes and information not only for those who need to eat dairy free, but also for vegans or those needing to eat gluten free as well.

This recipe originally came from Latina Magazine and I love it!

Adobo-Citrus Grilled Chicken Thighs 
(gluten free, nut free, soy free and dairy free!)
makes 4-6 servings

1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 (7 oz) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
4 garlic cloves
1 tblsp Mexican oregano (I used regular)
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken things
(I used both thighs and legs and they did have skin and bones!)

In blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except chicken and process until well combined.  Transfer marinade to ziploc bag or nonreactive dish.  Add chicken to marinade and coat completely.  Close bag/cover bowl and marinade at least 2 hours.  Preheat and prepare outdoor grill or ridged grill pan.  Remove chicken from marinade, drain and pat dry ( I didn't).  Over med-high heat, grill, turning once, until juices run clear or internal temperature reaches 180 F, about 15 minutes.

I think this would be great served with corn on the cob and some Mexican rice!  My whole family loved it, I hope it will rock your socks off!

I'm linking up with A Soft Place to Land for DIY day!



Sorry for my scarceness lately.  I've been busy with lots of new projects.  I've also been just loving all over my girls.  The story of Layla Grace has led me to realize, I have not been loving on my kids as much as I should.  So I'll be around to visit when I can!  Hug your kids extra long today.  It really feels good!

16 comments:

Writing Without Periods! said...

This soup looks great. I'm going to print it out and save it for a rainy day...which we've had a lot of.
Mary

Lynette Jacobs said...

Sounds yummy...love the idea of the chicken being cooked in the fruit juice.

honeysuckle said...

Hi, Andrea, I would like more info on making the little skirts for Haiti girls. Thanks. You can email me at jeanrstringfellow@yahoo.com thanks. The chicken recipe sounds wonderful too!

Danielle said...

Yum. That sounds great. A little kick of lime is my favorite in any dish!!

Erin said...

This recipe is going on next week's plan for sure! Thank you. I've got bone-in, skin-on leg quarters waiting around. If it worked for you it'll probably work for me too!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I jist may try that. Little Layla Grace is in my prayers. After reading that yesterday I played with my poodles more. Kids are all growed up and married. Have fun crafting! I enjoy your bog.

Anonymous said...

The recipe sounds delicious; thanks. I am always looking for new ways to cook chicken. Although it's a staple, we get bored. I think the lime will work great.

I missed a post re dresses for Haiti--will look for it now.

Yankee Girl said...

I don't eat chicken but I am going to try that recipe with shrimp. It sounds yummy!

Simply Mel said...

Oooh..sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for a new and EASY recipe. I'm definitely going to give this a whirl.

I just went to Layla Grace's blog and my heart is breaking. My daughter spent the first 7 weeks of her life in the NICU and that was just so horrible for me...I cannot even imagine what Layla Grace's parents are going thru. Her faith in the Lord is so inspiring. Definitely...we must hug and love on our children AS MUCH AS WE CAN every single day.

~melody~

Erin said...

That sounds like some major deliciousness. Sometimes spicy dishes upset my nursing baby. Was it medium spicy or really hot?

Stopping by to welcome you to SITS!

Tales from the Trails said...

Love a good recipe for chicken. I'll have to try it.

Jumping on your blog made me realize I need a new pair of flip flops for the spring. I'll be getting with you.

Mhel said...

Adobo is one of my favorite dish. I love with Pineapple chunks. and sometimes with coconut milk and potatoes.....

Stopping by from SITS!!! Bon apetit!

http://ems-premature-eblogulation.blogspot.com/2010/02/go-greek.html

Heidi of Operation Organization said...

I am prepared to be rocked! Thanks!

Babes Mami said...

Putting this on the menu and awaiting sock rocking!
;]
stopping by from SITS!

Heather said...

Yum this recipe looks great! You posted before me on Sistahood, so I thought I would come take a look ;) I'm a follower now and just grabbed your button. Have a wonderful day!